|Dr. Frank Kardasz, March 24, 2014
Basic Grant-Writing Steps
- Briefly describe the project. (The who, what, when and where of the project)
- What broad categories of needs does the project address?
- What specific changes, outcomes or resolutions will the project produce?
- What are the major steps towards implementing and completing the project?
- What resources are needed to implement and complete the project?
- What other agencies or entities will share the funding?
- Who else has an interest in partnering with you on this project?
- Has a project of this type been implemented elsewhere?
- Where and what were the results?
- What measurements will you use to determine whether or not the project succeeded?
- What is the total cost of the project?
- How will the project be sustained after grant funding ends?
- Follow the requirements of the grant-funding agency in exacting detail.